IARP loves our planet and strives to be environmentally and socially conscious. Let’s all do our part.
While eco-friendly and environmentally-friendly may seem like terms for a rather modern trend, they’re actually not. One ancient city located in the Indus Valley actually had waste-management and sanitation practices in place to offset the effects of pollution some 5,000 years ago. Domestic wastewater was reused for crops and plant irrigation by the Mesopotamian civilization since the Bronze Age.
Other cultures, organizations and practices have also long contributed to the preservation of the earth. Reiki has loved the earth since its system development in the early 1900’s. We here at the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP) have been doing our part since our inception more than 25 years ago. With your help, we can do even more.
How Reiki Loves the Earth
Reiki itself is eco-friendly. It not only delivers healing energy to any person, being or thing, but it aligns with ecologically sound practices. You don’t need any physical items to engage in it—just your loving intention, focus, and kind actions.
Sharing Reiki with plants, animals and the entire planet can help ensure love and healing keeps flowing—particularly to everyone and everything that needs it most.
How IARP Loves the Earth
IARP continues to adopt many environmentally friendly practices that help protect the earth, such as:
- Digital processing of our documents rather than hardcopy storage
- Replacing in-person meetings with online workspaces when possible
- Embracing remote working when possible
- Monitoring and reducing workplace energy usage at IARP offices
- Water-conserving practices
- Biodegradable solutions for office cleaning
- Reducing paper usage and waste plus recycling as much as possible
- Responsible electronic recycling
- Switching to LED office lighting
- Using an online, digital Reiki certificate diploma service instead of mailing hard copies. You can print them to hand out at class and/or simply provide digital copies to your students
- Delivering a digital version of our monthly Reiki magazine, The Reiki Report
- Providing digital certificates and membership cards as a preferred tech solution
- Minimizing waste and printing only when absolutely necessary at IARP offices
- Providing regular Reiki for the benefit of the earth and all of it’s inhabitants and for our extended global network of Reiki family around the world
As an early adopter of email over regular mail, we stopped physically printing and mailing the Reiki magazine and other Reiki items several years ago and have delivered them electronically—saving multitudes of trees and reducing fuel consumption.
IARP not only cares about the environment, but we love our earth and all the inhabitants of it. We’re a global organization and we’re all global citizens. While we can each individually do our part to protect and nurture the earth, we can increase the benefits if we all work together.
“Together, we can do so much more,” has been our motto for over 25 years and counting. And we invite you to join us in our quest to give Mother Earth the love and care she deserves.
How You Can Help Spread the Love
The earth needs more Reiki. If you’re a Reiki practitioner, regularly give Reiki to plants, animals and everything around you. Check out some tips for sending distance Reiki to the world.
If you’re not a practitioner, you can always become one. Visit the IARP website to Find a Reiki Master Teacher in your area. You can also reach out to an IARP practitioner to schedule a Reiki session for yourself, your family members and your pets.
And everyone, regardless if you have learned Reiki or not, can engage in a simple meditation with the intention of helping to heal the planet.
Reiki for Our Planet Meditation
- Sit with your back straight, feet on the floor.
- Inhale your nose to a count of five, exhale through your mouth to a count of five.
- With each inhale, say to yourself: “I am…”
- With each exhale, say to yourself: “Sending love, light and healing to Mother Earth.”
Reiki practitioners can add Reiki to the meditation, of course, focusing the outpouring of healing energy into the core of Mother Earth.
IARP is a steward, and it is an honor to be of service to you and to our planet to help the world become a better place. We hope you join us in doing the same.