Ask anyone who has heard about Reiki to use one phrase to describe it. Chances are, they’ll mention a process to heal an existing condition a bit out of balance. This natural healing art has worldwide recipients who have experienced first-hand how it directs energy to the recipient to help restore balance and potentially assist in healing physical and emotional problems.
However, Reiki is also a tool for maintaining a healthy state once attained. Reiki and healthy living are inseparable when it comes to wellness. There are at least five ways in which Reiki is important in self-care and staying healthy.
How Reiki Works
The word Reiki comes from two Japanese words. Rei refers to the universal higher intelligence in things animate and inanimate. Ki is non-physical energy that lends animation to all living things. When the level is high and free-flowing, a person is confident and healthy.
Reiki energy can be transmitted from the practitioner to the recipient through a light touch, hands above the body, or through self-treatment sessions. The energy transmitted corrects Ki flow restrictions and works directly in the unconscious parts of the mind and body, restoring the proper flow.
The regular practice of Reiki is essential for optimal health. Did you know that just five minutes a day can provide lasting self-care benefits?
5 Ways Reiki is Part of Healthy Living
Reiki and healthy living are intertwined through these five Reiki attributes:
- Relieves stress. A healthy life has minimal stress. This negative element causes dozens of medical problems such as hypertension, cardiac issues, and kidney disease.
- Improves sleep. A calm frame of mind is important for a good night’s sleep. The result is improved mental alertness and fewer aches and pains.
- Creates a positive mental outlook. The soothing environment and gentle, non-invasive touch associated with Reiki sets the stage for a relaxing experience open to positive life possibilities. The darker side of problems like the loss of a job fade. Acknowledging alternatives becomes easier.
- Stimulates the immune system. The immune system is constantly under attack by allergies, cancers, infectious diseases, and other disorders. Reiki provides fresh supplies of vital life energy to boost immunity naturally and help maintain health.
- Fosters living in the present. Reiki allows recipients to push aside looming things over which they have no control and focus on the present. This leads to creative problem-solving.
Looking for more information on Reiki? Seeking to grow your practice? Learn more – read All About Reiki. Have you taken a Reiki course? Consider the benefits of membership in the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP) and sign up for a free newsletter today with great information on this beneficial and beautiful modality.
**This article appeared in The Reiki Times, the official magazine of the International Association of Reiki Professionals.
Find exactly what you are looking for…
Translate this website
Watch: Grow Your Reiki Practice Video
Sign Up for our eNewsletter!
Download our free report:
“The 5 Cost-Free and Effective Ways to Expand Your Reiki Practice”
and receive great Reiki articles, business tips and more!
Click HERE to receive The Reiki Report delivered to your inbox monthly, chock full of tips, articles and inspiring stories. (Link will open in a pop-up window. Make sure your browser is not blocking pop-ups.)