Wouldn’t it be great if you could help to soothe or lessen stress, anxiety, and pain any time you wished with a calming and healing touch? If you learn Reiki, you can. It’s a toolbox in your hands anytime you wish to have a little calm and peace in your world. Learning to use Reiki lets you engage in self-care at any time and any place you could use a boost of positive energy. It also allows you to provide a healing touch you can use to help your friends, family members, and even your pets find relief.
Healing Energy in Your Hands
Those who learn Reiki are taught how to connect with universal energy, or life force energy, and then channel it to themselves or others through the laying of their hands on a specific part of the body that needs the boost. When people’s life force energy is low, they often become ill or overly stressed. When their life force energy is high, they are generally both happier and healthier. Reiki can restore life force energy to the maximum capacity for maximum benefits.
Why Learn Reiki?
The technique can be valuable for a number of ailments and situations that could benefit from a balancing of the body, mind, and spirit. These include:
- Alleviating stress
- Centering yourself or others amidst the world’s chaos
- Helping to relieve anxiety and pain, whether it’s from a specific cause or an overall feeling of physical, emotional or spiritual discomfort or unease
- Helping to manage and prevent, as one part of your personal wellness program, chronic health conditions, such as asthma, heart disease, diabetes, epilepsy, depression, and cancer
- Strengthening well-being and feelings of calmness, peace, and serenity
- Reconnecting with your higher self, making you more intuitive while eradicating the feeling that something’s missing from your life
- Gaining a sense of inner clarity, purpose, and direction
- Rooting out and releasing energy trapped from past traumas, allowing you to move forward in self-development to become the person you were truly meant to be
- Opening your mind to the deep desires in your heart, discovering the things you really need to become fulfilled
The same benefits you receive from self-healing through Reiki can be shared with others when you administer the technique on them. The act of helping others is another way to reap multiple benefits, an automatic byproduct of learning Reiki.
How to Begin
People of any age and background can successfully learn Reiki, and there’s no special knowledge, skills, or experience required. The only way to properly learn Reiki is through a Reiki Master or someone who has attained the third degree or teaching degree of learning associated with Reiki.
Beginners start with the first degree of practice, which focuses on Reiki basics and hands-on administration. The second degree of training involves distant healing, and/or augmenting the hands-on technique with a mental connection. The third degree brings you to Reiki master status, the highest level of learning, traditionally available by invitation only. Reiki masters are the only ones who can teach Reiki to others.
Reiki’s traditional founder, Dr. Mikao Usui, referred to Reiki as the “art of inviting happiness.” You’ll be able to help yourself and others embrace that happiness if you take on the mission of learning Reiki.
To learn more about Reiki or to find qualified Reiki Teaches in your area worldwide please see the IARP Registered Reiki Professional Master Teacher Locator here.